1. Measuring Leadership Effectiveness:
Highly effective leaders know their strengths and weaknesses through being open to assimilate feedback from others. This module:
- guides participants through their own 360 assessments and
- helps them create a robust personal leadership development plan from which they can be coached and mentored.
2. EI/SI Concepts and Theory:
Social and emotional intelligence is just as important to effective leadership as functional and healthcare expertise, and it is a learned skill for most people. This workshop will:
- benchmark participants’ skill levels in 26 competencies and
- coach them to be leaders that others want to follow.
3. Practicing Mindful Leadership and Managing Stress:
Everyone admits to being stressed, but few know how or what to do about it. This module will help participants to:
- identify stressors from the inside out,
- learn strategies to reduce stress,
- improve focus and effectiveness, and
- enhance their productivity and creativity.
4. Controlling Your Workload:
Everyone has trouble with out of control workloads from time to time, and some have trouble routinely. This module will:
- deliver tips and tricks to balance the load, including learning to delegate, collaborate, work through systems, and
- create more effective processes, so that more time is spent in balance.
5. Developing Mature Leadership:
In order to lead and manage others we first develop ourselves as mature adults. This workshop uses adult development models, neuroscience, and measurement tools to assess and drive new levels of maturity. Participants will explore:
- how they think and make decisions,
- emotional and behavioral reactions to others,
- how one views and defines self in relation to others, and
- establishing and maintaining effective relationships with others.
6. Addressing Emotional and Mental Health Issues in Teams:
The emotional and mental health of team members can have a significant impact on team dynamics. Knowing how to identify and address issues is paramount to ensuing optimal team functioning. This workshop covers:
- Understanding specific behaviors and symptoms that may indicate an emotional or mental concern,
- Identifying the common categories of behavioral problems that could impact work performance, and
- Understanding the support processes to refer employees to HR and/or employee assistance programs.
7. Influencing Healthcare Policies and Fostering External Relationships:
Healthcare policy is always evolving at state, national, and global levels. It is critical for leaders in healthcare to stay current regarding policies that will impact delivery and cost systems and how to identify and develop external relationships that have the potential to influence policy that enhances their organization’s objectives. In this workshop you will learn how to:
- stay current with state and national legislative trends and processes that impact the practice, delivery, and cost of healthcare,
- leverage external relationships to influence policy through advocacy, and
- collaborate with other leaders of healthcare systems and lobbyists to influence policy through